Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Elite tennis to developers

Reached number 32 in the world and a benchmark in the women's tour, but injuries and the need for a sport that requires dedicated Julia Vakulenko made to retire prematurely. Now she works in a real estate business, while still taking the racket weekly to remove the bug.

Julia Vakulenko was born in Yalta, a city of 80,000 inhabitants located in southern Ukraine. At seven he began playing tennis Gala prompted by her mother, a lover of the sport. She grew up riding professionally living between Spain and France, made ​​his professional debut in 1998. He played in the elite for thirteen seasons, which reached number 32 in the WTA ranking, but a wrist injury ended up hanging convince the racket despite their youth. "In 2007 I injured my right wrist when he was playing better. It took a long time to recover and when I returned I did so with limitations. I had to play with a lighter racquet, which prevented me to implement my aggressive style of play and attack . I lost my enthusiasm for this sport and I thought it was time to stop, "he tells the protagonist, whose last appearance on the table dates from January 18, 2010, where he fell in the first round of the 'Qualy' of Australia to Open Bethanie Mattek-Sands . "It was a difficult decision because half-life was devoted heart and soul into tennis. The feeling of retiring at 27 is very strange, but I wanted to experience what it was 'normal' life and work 'normal,'" says Julia, who hung the racket after he settled in Paris.

On April 9, 2010, Julia went through vicarage to marry Yann Leblond , a businessman with whom she shares her passion for life and sport. Ukraine's worked for eight months in a Cartier store in the heart of Paris, as a consultant at Roland Garros last year and a half is involved in a housing project with her ​​husband, selling luxury apartments with sea views French territory. In addition to its 'first steps' in the world of golf, a sport that entertains and allows you to spend more time with your partner, Julia continues to play tennis whenever he can. He lives five minutes from the Stade Roland-Garros, where it joins club with some friends two days a week to keep hitting the ball. "I was afraid I could not play tennis without competing, but do not carry it wrong. I am passionate about this sport," he says. He says not miss the business ("I was tired of traveling around the world since 14 years," he says), but the friends who has left on the road. "There is with people who have kept in touch, but with other course is lost. It is also true that the players of my era are gradually withdrawn."

Past and Future? Spanish
Julia trained for ten years in Barcelona, ​​a city that loves and has a great appreciation. In his day, before that injury, he even weighed the idea that received Spanish citizenship and could defend the interests of the 'Armada' in the Fed Cup, "I asked for dual citizenship in 2007 ... but has was this year when I got a Spanish passport, "exclaims Vakulenko. In the Barcelona left good friends like Anabel Medina or Arantxa Parra , of which we are asked how their life is about. "Tennis has evolved greatly in recent years. It's much more physical, it has lost the variety that contributed players like Justine Henin , Amelie Mauresmo and Patty Schnyder . No one uses the one-handed backhand, changes of pace. .. all the players seem cut from the same pattern, "he says. Speaking of mirrors that look, Julia realized that she always liked to follow Kim Clijsters , Justine Henin and Lindsay Davenport , but which are still active highlights Serena Williams and Samantha Stosur . "I think that combine quality and character that no other".

In addition to its pachagas with French legends as Sarah Pitkowski or Mary Pierce , Julia training children taking their first steps in this sport: "If I could choose to devote it would undoubtedly be a tennis player. But it would not make some mistakes that I had in my career. Now I can serve on that experience to help younger ones. " Julia confesses that does not rule out a future return to Spain as a coach, but now lives happily in the 'city of love'.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive