Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Cain Velasquez is a well-rounded fighter, is based on wrestling, and great handling of kickboxing, has an excellent fitness, allowing you to maintain a high level of intensity throughout their matches.
Velasquez goes well the beating with the takedowns, and once he takes his opponents flush with canvas, is brutal to the ground and pound, so it has most of his wins via TKO, likes to get into position crucifix or put the knee in the stomach of his opponent and download a high volume of punches.
When he won the title, Cain defeated Brock by TKO at Lensnar 4minutos twelve seconds of the first assault, with that victory would put his record to 9 wins without defeat.
But that fight had great consequences for Cain, had a major shoulder injury that sidelined him for over a year, that idle along with the media pressure, in my opinion had an unfavorable effect on the performance of his first defense.
I had the opportunity to meet personally Cain has done seminars in my school and I've interviewed several times, I think it's a very simple and has worked hard to get where he has come. The opinion gave me when I interviewed him in Anaheim, a day before his fight with Dos Santos, Cain was a nervous, overwhelmed by the media, to carry the weight of being the next big Latino figure.
I think that, coupled with the lack of activity in the octagon will weight a lot, and as mentioned on previous occasions, a blow from a heavyweight, 4-ounce gloves, you can finish any fighter in the division of the whole in the blink of an eye.
On that occasion Dos Santos connected a powerful achievement flown above the ear, which he knocked Cain, later followed him to the floor with good instincts and not let it recover. Although Cain lost the title and undefeated, is undeniably great a champion you have, and I think Cain can return to recover eventually, but first he must pass a big test against Antonio Silva.La key to this fight will be held in a safe distance and out with his hit, to exploit their greater speed and at the right time, break down and make your specialty, overwhelmed with a large number of hits on the floor his opponent and look for the TKO.
Meanwhile Antonio Silva is a very dangerous fighter, but I came off a loss against a training partner of Cain, Daniel Cormier in Strikeforce. Antonio Silva came before the fight of a run of 3 wins, counted among his opponents to former UFC champion, Andrei Arlovski and legend and who was long considered the best heavyweight on the planet, Fedor Emeilianenko.
Antonio Silva looked impressive against Fedor fought well and standing on the floor, this black belt in Brazilian jiujitsu, took a chair control positions, and managed to finish the fight via TKO.
It will be interesting to see in this great card of UFC 146, if Cain can impose its speed scrimmage, his takedowns and ground and pound or will be Antonio "Big Foot" Silva who is positioned as a new figure in the UFC heavyweight.
Subscribe Now: Feed Icon
05/13 - 05/20
- The return of Cain Velasquez and his new challenge...
- The UFC 147: Silva vs Belfort II will be in Minas ...
- Floyd Mayweather Jr and Miguel Cotto raised $ 94 m...
- Seeks rival Juan Manuel Marquez
- Brian Viloria defeated Omar Nino and retained the ...
- Serena Williams is crowned in Madrid
- From Madrid to Heaven Blue
- Tipsarevic Federer overwhelms and seek their third...
- Nadal: "Madrid is past, now I think of Rome and Ro...
- Calm in the Lakers despite the overwhelming 119-90...
- Oklahoma crushes the Lakers by 29 points and went ...
- Explosion in the box of Williams
- Maldonado wins a pulse formidable Alonso
- Ferrari gives a slap on Massa
- "Without obsession, the Tenth come"
- They start rumors: Falcao for Torres?
- Real Madrid imposes the strength of the group
- Del Bosque: "On 27 Villa will decide whether the E...
- ▼ 05/13 - 05/20 (18)