Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Nadal: "Madrid is past, now I think of Rome and Roland Garros"
"The Blue Earth is the past and I've said all I had to say," he said at a press conference prior to its debut at the Rome Masters 1000 tennis Manacor, who was reluctant to talk about what happened in Madrid tournament and concluded that it had simply played "wrong and not to the level needed to win."
Congratulated Nadal Roger Federer on his victory and praised him saying that "probably the best player ever," while noting that their ability to adapt to local conditions of Madrid was higher than others.
Nadal shrugged off his back to the third step of the ATP rankings for Federer ahead of Roland Garros, which takes place in two weeks.
"Coming to Roland Garros with the number two or number three is not going to change my goal which is winning," said Nadal, who noted that in any case will play against the best in the world.
He felt that was a good start to the season and his third place position in the ranking is the "right".
A classification attributed, in large part to recent results reported in the Australia Open, when he lost in the final against Novak Djokovic, his retreat in the semifinals of the Miami tournament with an injured left knee, and his mark on Madrid, a tournament that traditionally it was "favorable."
Nadal insisted he now wants to concentrate on Rome, one of the tournaments he likes and which has always had good "feelings" as well as in his first rival, Germany's Florian Mayer, who will face in the second round.
The manacorense reminded that this is a tough tournament and said he hopes to play like Monte Carlo or Barcelona, was convinced that if he can play his best tennis can get "good results" and said he was "excited and motivated" before the appointment.
On its current state, said she sat while the two days' rest was taken after removal of Madrid, who went with his family doing things you enjoy like fishing and swimming, with a "fantastic time" in which could also see his sister, who now lives in Barcelona.
After her bad experience on earth Blue Magic Box, said he has had time to readjust to the traditional clay, as it has been able to make three training sessions, one in Mallorca and the last two in Rome although today was hampered by strong wind.
When asked about upcoming events such as Wimbledon and the Olympic Games in London, Manacor, which under his belt already has an Olympic gold medal, said that there are two important goals and can not decide between the two.
He stressed, however, that the Olympics is held every four years and therefore is a special day for any athlete, since you can play two or at most three editions in his career.
Subscribe Now: Feed Icon
05/13 - 05/20
- The return of Cain Velasquez and his new challenge...
- The UFC 147: Silva vs Belfort II will be in Minas ...
- Floyd Mayweather Jr and Miguel Cotto raised $ 94 m...
- Seeks rival Juan Manuel Marquez
- Brian Viloria defeated Omar Nino and retained the ...
- Serena Williams is crowned in Madrid
- From Madrid to Heaven Blue
- Tipsarevic Federer overwhelms and seek their third...
- Nadal: "Madrid is past, now I think of Rome and Ro...
- Calm in the Lakers despite the overwhelming 119-90...
- Oklahoma crushes the Lakers by 29 points and went ...
- Explosion in the box of Williams
- Maldonado wins a pulse formidable Alonso
- Ferrari gives a slap on Massa
- "Without obsession, the Tenth come"
- They start rumors: Falcao for Torres?
- Real Madrid imposes the strength of the group
- Del Bosque: "On 27 Villa will decide whether the E...
- ▼ 05/13 - 05/20 (18)