Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lindsey Vonn makes history

Sölden (Austria). (Dpa) - American Lindsey Vonn today became the fifth woman to achieve success in each of the five disciplines of alpine skiing by winning the giant slalom in Sölden with today began the World Cup . Vonn won the victory in the first test of the year and particularly in his duel with Germany's Maria Reisch Höfle, who was twenty-fourth. "I can not believe. At last I won a giant slalom is more than I would have ever expected," said Vonn . With your right hand on the heart in receipt of the Star Spangled Banner in front of the picturesque landscape of glaciers in the Tyrol. "It's just an indicator, but not totally reliable. There have been winners in soldiers who have not returned to the podium the rest the year, "reminded him of his former friend and rival high-Riesch Höfle. "Of course I'm disappointed if you do not get what I want. It is normal," said Riesch, who committed two serious errors in the final manga. The German Viktoria Rebensburg was second to only four hundredths Görgl Elisabeth of Austria completed the podium. "Of course I'm happy. At first it bothered the four cents, but I take my hat off to Lindsey," said Rebensburg. The German said at the end Vonn's career that he had announced: "This is my descent." Vonn joins a select group of skiers "SUV" that until now were only Petra Kronberger of Austria, Sweden's Pernilla Wiberg and Anja Pärson Croatian Janica Kostelic and. Of these, Vonn is with the most wins Pärson has been achieved in the World Cup with 42.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive