Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Loeb: "Life does not change anything with eight titles"

Sébastien Loeb (Haguenau, France, 1974) could claim to be the motorist more world titles. However, his humility prevents him. Quietly and breaks all records with younger rivals can he. Escape from the lights and only cares about driving. No timetable for withdrawal, so that your roof is marked only him.

Eighth title. Only difference is the place where celebrated. What feelings gives this crown?
I started racing in rallies by passion, because I liked. But I was lucky brand soon to notice me and give me an official car. In any case, still keep the same feeling when I get on a rally car and so my motivation has not changed over that time. My life will not change if I have seven, eight or nine world titles. I enjoy what I do in every moment. I keep having fun in this type of evidence.

Although most of the pools gave him as a favorite, you just had to finish second behind Mikko Hirvonen in the final round, Wales. How did you feel when the title came true?
I was very happy. It was a new record in motor sport and broke the tie with Michael Schumacher, although the comparison is unfair, but everyone has been talking about this a few days. In any case I am proud of this achievement is very special, and I've also been in a season special, very difficult, with a lot of battles on any terrain. In every test I've been struggling with both Hirvonen with Latvala and sometimes Ogier.
To top it all off from the summer we had a number of problems in Germany, Australia and France, where we lost a lot of points, which forced us to put the counter to zero in the absence of two tests. The pressure was enormous and had to give everything in a short time.

He stayed with the desire to win in Wales for the second time in a less favorable for you along the story that in other rallies on the calendar as Germany, to say one.
I honestly do not know if he had been able to achieve to Latvala, but in the end I could not try to cause the accident. At least I did not have to stop driving my Citroën Daniel (Elena, his co-driver) as he had promised if he came second to last stage. When we had the accident, Daniel told me that if it was over and said, 'I think so, but no matter because we are world champions. We came to Wales to win the title, this is done and is the most important. Let's face it. We are not disappointed because the goal is achieved. If I could choose a rally where the accident had to happen would choose this one, so there is no problem. '

Can we expect another title in the time remaining on his contract with Citroen? What those two years?
That's my goal next year. If the question is whether it will arrive at 10, the answer is that we would like. But honestly, if I do not know. If I can get to achieve them, the better. For now I want to focus in 2012 and we'll see. Anything is possible, sure. I have not yet in mind the day I quit. I think only from year to year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive