Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Federer: "It was one of the most beautiful part of my career"

Roger Federer said after beating with authority to Spanish Rafael Nadal in the Masters Cup in London today that the party was a "most beautiful" of his career.

"It was definitely one of the most beautiful, for sure. I played a few good throughout my life, but this has been against what is probably my biggest rival," said the current number four ranking in the ATP at a press conference.

Federer beat Nadal clearly covered pavilion in the O2 Arena in London, in a game in which the Spanish failed to score a single game in the second set and did not last an hour and one minute.

"We have played many times against each other. On occasion I've derailed, as happened to Nadal today, as happened to me in Paris," said Federer.

The Swiss said that when one of the first players in the ranking goes ahead on the scoreboard, it is difficult to stop.

"Today was difficult for him. Many times that is behind on the scoreboard all starts to go wrong, while going ahead at all it works. And in a moment, you face a debacle. It is very hard" , told the Swiss player.

The fourth player in the world was "somewhat surprised" by the ease with which this night beat current number two, and said it was a duel "fantastic" for him "from the beginning to the end."

"He dominated from the baseline, I have served you well. Today I was able to do those things, and has not always worked. At other times I could also feel the power of Rafa (Nadal) and that this meeting has been amazing to me, "said the Swiss.

Federer, who won the first two games of the Masters Cup in London next Thursday will face American Mardy Fish, practically evicted from the tournament after losing tonight against Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive