Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Nadal: "I had nothing to do"

The Spanish Rafael Nadal admitted today that it had "nothing to do" to play "perfect" unfolded before him Roger Federer on hardcourt Masters Cup in London.

"The result is real": so began his press conference tonight Nadal, to dispel any disbelief about convincing 6-3 6-0 he endorsed the world number four in just one hour.

"The score of today is not misleading, he was brilliant at all times, and when you play this level in this area, now is better," said the Spaniard, who wanted to emphasize that the physical problems that afflicted him in the match against Mardy Fish two days ago did not influence today's defeat.

The second player in the world said was in perfect physical condition to play the game, and Federer won clearly because he played better, "fast and without mistakes."

"Tired? I'm tired now, before you do not. I will not lie, I played the best I could, but it was not enough tonight," said the Spaniard, who considered that it was "particularly bad" but that Federer overcame him an excellent game.

In the same way that the player did not want to put some physical problems as an excuse for defeat, he also stressed that it is one of the players who have played more games this season, and reiterated the comments before the tournament was launched on the very tight timetable for players.

"This is my seventh year being the number one or two, and I'm the one that leads to back games. And I still have the Davis Cup final and start preparing for next season," lamented Nadal.

The Spaniard will face hour Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the third and final game of the group stage of the Masters Cup, to try to reach the semifinals, "and win," he said.

"I'm calm, I know I'm doing the right thing and today I felt especially bad on the track. It is now time to sink a result: the season is good, and will remain so even the next day start to lose 6-3 6-0, "said Spanish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive