Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pacquiao coach says "Marquez deserves quarter combat"

The Filipino boxer Manny coach Pacquiao, Freddie Roach, after his pupil's controversial victory in the fight against Juan Manuel Marquez at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, said they were willing to play a "quarter combat." Roach was wrong in their predictions about the battle that was against the Mexican Pacquier. "I was quite surprised. I was thinking that my fighter could win in six rounds but neither approached me. It was a very competitive fight that could habérselo been anyone," said the coach.

"I thought Manny would take the knife in the last two rounds. It was the kind of fight that I'd like to have but I think it will happen again. Márquez has put us in trouble three times, is very good at what do. I think he deserves one quarter combat, "he added. Pacquiao, who won his fifteenth consecutive victory beating Marquez, was happy to be quoted in a rematch. "Any time. I am a fighter and my job is to fight in the ring," he said.

In addition, the Filipino spoke about his future showdown with the undefeated American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. "We'll see what happens. Hopefully people to enjoy the fight," he said. The duel between the defensive and the aggressive Pacquiao Mayweather decide the mythical title of best 'pound-for-pound' fighter after the fight between two boxers can not be made last year by the demand for a random drug to American control.

Pacquiao has long been hoping to have the opportunity to face off against the undefeated fighter. "I hope that finally the battle. I think it may be the best fight of the world," he said. "Mayweather is a defensive fighter with a very good counter-coup. There will be an easy peel, I know, but I like challenges and this is the largest for both", said the boxer.

Marquez, who was defeated in 12 rounds Mayweahter two years ago, also spoke about the future combat. "Commercially speaking will be a great battle but boxing is Mayweather's styles and is not no good to Pacquiao" said the Mexican. However, the Filipino boxer has won eight world titles in different weight divisions which place him in the eyes of many as the best fighter without a fixed category.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive