Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Merhi touches the pole in Macao

Despite the sanctions received on Thursday , Roberto Merhi was not influenced by it and shone again in practice Macao Grand Prix. This time it was the fastest, but if I placed second behind Germany's Marco Wittmann. Still, have to leave eighth by such penalties.

Merhi had a nice fight with Wittmann to know who would be faster. The Spanish came to rob the place to Germanic, but he saved the best for his final lap to steal the pole position by just 64 thousandths.

Still, with options Merhi is triumph. "I want to finish this race, after the accident last year (which forced him to retire), and I want to win. I think we have potential, the team has done a good job and I have great confidence. We are fast whatever the conditions," Castellon said the pilot.

"It was a difficult weekend for me," the pilot said Prema. "Because of the accident had a penalty Rosenqvist seven positions. Then, this morning I had an accident Friday in San Francisco, and because of that accident I have not pushed very hard in this corner going to care at all times," he confessed.

Many penalties
Nine drivers received penalties for various infractions. Therefore, Merhi, who had a double penalty of seven positions plus three will not go so late. Nor was spared another Spanish sanctions, Daniel Juncadella, which will start in eleventh place, while Carlos Sainz, Jr., in his first experience in F3, will nineteenth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive