Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ferrer: "This season is perhaps the best of my career"

David Ferrer admitted that this season, which has returned to settle in the Top-5 'of the ATP, could be the best of his career and hopes to continue on the line in the two great challenges that lie ahead, the Masters Cup and Davis Cup final against Argentina.

"This season has been very good, perhaps the best of my career. I have won many games and have played consistently. I'm happy and now I try to keep playing like this year," he said in an interview with the ATP. For Alicante, champion this year in Auckland and Acapulco finalist in Shanghai and Monte Carlo Masters tournament and Bastad and the Conde de Godo, the key has been in the absence of physical discomfort. "When you hurt, you get more rhythm, I've been training a lot, and that is very important for my confidence," he said.

Despite confessing that its surface is clay "favorite", the pupil of Javier Piles highlighted his comfort in the hard courts. "I feel good on hard courts but I prefer the earth, and so, I managed to reach the semifinals at the U.S. Open and Australia Open. They are great results," he added. In fact, for 'Ferru', New York is "an amazing city" that has fond memories of having been the scene of his first semifinal in a 'big'. "It was unforgettable. The U.S. Open is very special and different from the other Grand Slam," he added.

On the other hand, recalled with nostalgia the games on television was between Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi and do not hesitate to call the player from Las Vegas as his "idol." "I loved watching these duels", he recalled. Finally, he referred to their best abilities on the track. "My right and my legs because my game is very physical," he said at the time that he wants the two weeks of vacation you'll enjoy after the Davis Cup. "The season is very long and we have to rest, I like being in my hometown with my friends and enjoy my family. I need one or two week break before focusing on next season," he concluded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive