Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Casillas: "I do not quite understand why writing a book about me"

Iker Casillas, Real Madrid captain, was excited at the launch of the book that traces his career full of successes and white with the Spanish, 'Humility Champion', a work to which again showed his humility by ensuring that it is "excessive."

In a ceremony led by Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, the presence of honorary president Alfredo Di Stefano and the book's author, journalist Enrique Ortego, Casillas became emotional in his speech at a packed Royal Box at the Santiago Bernabeu to acknowledge the support of his family.

"I am very grateful to everyone," said Casillas began joking with the acceptance speech of Florentino Perez. "I am grateful for the words of the president, removing the last farewell-sounding club and I hope you are late," he joked.

Casillas thanked the presence of mayors and Navalacruz Móstoles, the two cities in his heart, peer and Esteban Granero, Jose Antonio Alley and Adam, former coach Radomir Antic as or Luis Aragones. Large football people gathered at the Santiago Bernabeu.

"It's a great honor to be in my stadium, at home, accompanied by my two families, the natural and Whites. This book is about my sporting life, my memories. When Henry told me it scared me," he admitted.

"I do not quite understand why writing a book about me. I understand that they are works that must travel the path of a player when I finished and is here to stay. Also stop by my merits, appear in the media, but is too see them written in a work so impressive, "he added.

Iker joked with the author, Enrique Ortego. "It was very heavy but I have to admit that as the project progressed and read a chapter I was thrilled. Looking back on my life moved me and allowed me to recall wonderful times I had almost forgotten."

At the end of his speech was when Casillas had to stop because her voice was choked with emotion. "I'll take the good times. I am very happy with the effort. I want to thank my family. But I can assure you they would not be here today. Thank you for joining me on this special day to remember forever," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive