Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Nadal: "I do not think Novak, think of me"


The Spanish tennis player Rafa Nadal has reiterated that only thinks about himself and how to improve performance, without looking at what makes Novak Djokovic, against whom has lost their last seven past duels and will try to unseat the next week at the tournament in Indian Wells Masters 1000 first season.

The Spaniard began his losing streak against Djokovic last year precisely in Indian Wells, although the gap between number one and number two world ranking was closer than ever in the recent Australia Open, which conquered the Serb after a marathon end (5-7, 6-4, 6-2, 6-7, 7-5) that grazed six hours.

"I always say the same thing, I want better for me not to beat Novak, Roger (Federer) or anyone. Try to give everything to improve my level and be a better player every year. And if that's enough to beat Novak, great . If not, keep training. I think of the best things I have, I think of me, "Nadal said in his press conference prior to the tournament California.

Nadal still has a favorable balance over Djokovic (16-14), but in the last year and again stumbled against an unbeatable opponent. Still, said he did not feel "for revenge" towards the Balkans. "I have no obsession with any player. My spirit is improving every day, that's my satisfaction," he said.

In this sense, the Spaniard warned that "being behind someone is a little easier when you're at the top" and that "having a player above gives you a reference for improvement," but at the same time acknowledged that "it better to be up. " To return to number one, stressed that it is important not to lose patience.

"I agree thoroughly defeats, as well accept victories. I went back to Australia very happy with the way I played many times in the final. I did not do very well in the second and third set, but I'm happy with the rest of the game. Overall it was a very good tournament, "he analyzed.

Nadal said he has spent the last month in Manacor relaxing with their environment and training "a little" in the face of Indian Wells, to deal with energy, "the most important part of the season, from now until Wimbledon." "And this is Olympic year also, so it's time to be prepared for everything," he added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon