Novak Djokovic, ruthless ruler of the tennis world in recent times, has said he does not feel "invincible or untouchable" despite the expected stream of titles that extend to Indian Wellls, first Masters 1,000 of the season.
"I think at the top of the world, or untouchable or unbeatable. That's out of the equation. Always try to give a hundred percent in every workout, I always keep a positive mindset to prepare each tournament, each season," said Djokovic in his press conference prior to the tournament California.
The Serbian, who has won four of the last five tournaments of 'Grand Slam' and amassed an impressive 70-6 mark last year, confessed "very, very proud" of the "consistency" that has been granting its game. "But the greatest success was won Wimbledon tournament because he had always dreamed," he revealed.
Being located on the top of the world "is always added pressure and expectations," but it is something that "you must understand," explained Djokovic, who will try to validate title in Indian Wells after beating in last year's final to Rafael Nadal (4 - 6, 6-3, 6-2).
"It's always good to get back to a place where I have done so well in the past five years, playing finals and winning two titles. The conditions here are well suited to my style of play. The track is always a little slower and I prefer it, so I'm looking forward to playing this week, "he analyzed.
Subscribe Now: Feed Icon
03/04 - 03/11
- Nadal: "I do not think Novak, think of me"
- Mixed fortunes for Nadal and Djokovic in the doubl...
- Federer losses charged against Nadal time
- Anabel Medina beats Sania Mirza
- Djokovic: "I'm not invincible and untouchable"
- Ricky: "At this point it's getting a little uphill...
- Users of Leo Messi crowned MARCA.com
- Messi 25 million increase in value in just two mon...
- Kaka is still king ... on Twitter
- "It is not unusual to want the best average scorer...
- Beckham eager to play in the Olympics and called i...
- Triumphant return of Fernando 'Ko-knockout vs. Ang...
- Wladimir Klitschko retains world title by knocking...
- Murray ends with Djokovic unbeaten in 2012
- Federer wins fifth time in Dubai
- Ferrer conquest Acapulco after spending over Verda...
- Nowitzki gallons strip to cut the drain on the Mav...
- Stoner: "There is big difference between Honda and...
- Perez dominates and alters the simulated rain Mass...
- Keita had the keys to the bus
- FIFA has the rule of penalty and expulsion
- Kun's dream is Real
- Piqué: "I feel that the removal was deliberate"
- ▼ 03/04 - 03/11 (23)