Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Juan Manuel Lopez will appeal the one-year ban imposed by the Boxing Commission

Former double world champion Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez will appeal the sanction imposed by the Boxing Commission of Puerto Rico (CBPPR) following the comments made against the referee Roberto Ramirez after his defeat last March 10 against Mexico's Orlando Salido .

Lopez was suspended by the CBPPR for one year (after serving time medical suspension after the knockout Salido), a $ 10,000 fine and 100 hours of community service.

"We will definitely appeal the penalty, which we believe is too much for a boxer. We are already meeting with Juanma and his entire legal team and to carry out this appeal, "said Peter Rivera, vice president of PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP), a company that represents Lopez.

For the boxer, who on several occasions publicly apologized to the referee Ramirez, CBPPR and the people of Puerto Rico, the priority is to continue his career in the discipline plays, which is boxing.

"I recognize that I made a mistake and so I apologized to everyone I affected with comments, but just as I continue my career and vindicate my name at all," said Lopez.

Rivera concluded that "these are the only comments that will do about it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon