Friday, March 2, 2012
Alonso leaves a good feeling in the morning
The point is Alonso's car seemed more manageable and better traction than yesterday and last week with the configuration that was chosen early in Montmelo. Even the fastest time of the day in the third sector, the slow chicane in the car last year lost a world for Red Bull and McLaren in the GP of Spain.
Vettel was simulated pit stops mid-session and then set about making short runs with aerodynamic tests with a modified rear spoiler. His times were also good and stood at 89 thousandths of Alonso.
Vergne, with Toro Rosso, the best time of day so far in a very short stint with soft tires, but ended the day with the engine fried and starring in one of seven red flags of the day. In any case, large still far from its limits in this track, perhaps to 2.5 second fastest time possible. But the overall feel of the Ferrari is slowly changing.
Subscribe Now: Feed Icon
02/26 - 03/04
- The Mexican Marquez announced his retirement at ye...
- Verdasco in the semifinals after eliminating Almag...
- Again Federer
- No surprises in Dubai
- Objective: London
- The 72 records of Wilt Chamberlain, the man unbeat...
- Alonso leaves a good feeling in the morning
- Rossi: "We are worse"
- Ferrari and manages to mock race
- Withdraw a notice of Pepe Reina for his alleged ra...
- The Madrid is unfazed by Mourinho's journey
- The left is Marcelo
- ▼ 02/26 - 03/04 (12)