Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fernandez-Castano: "I take a load off"

Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano won the Singapore Open after beating Filipino Juvic Pagunsan in a sudden death playoff. The Spaniard, 31 years old, won the 485,000 euros for the six million dollar prize in the tournament after a birdie tiebreaking of 199 strokes (14 under par) the day before.

"It's a great relief, especially after the way I played yesterday, which squandered a four-stroke lead. It was a tough year and I've taken a great burden. I have three years without a win and it means a lot for me, "added the Spanish golfer.

It was the fifth victory Fernandez-Castano on the European Tour, four of them in the playoff, and his first victory since winning the British Marters in 2008.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive