Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Djokovic: "I'm not unbeatable and I do not think anyone is"

Novak Djokovic faces the end of a season that will never forget. With 10 titles in payroll and a wealth of 64 wins and 3 defeats, Belgrade has managed to clinch the world number 1. However, 'Nole' do not feel invincible and do not think anyone is.

Novak Djokovic is in Basel, where this week he returns to the competition to be the star of a poster also shine Roger Federer and Andy Murray, two of the three players (the other being Juan Martin del Potro) who have managed to beat this season. The first came just before the Swiss in the semifinals of Roland Garros. "Do not lose a match until Roland Garros was a incredible effort. I'm very proud of these achievements. But I know how hard I've worked every year and have always believed I could do that could be the best, he had the quality to win the best players in the world and win Grand Slam titles. "

Despite his outstanding season, Belgrade not think it is unbeatable, "I do not feel invincible and do not think anyone is. It's just a thing of the right impulse, the confidence you have, you manage to win all those games. I can ensure that the trust has earned me many of those games, because sometimes you can see the ball like a watermelon. If you feel good on the court, you will have confidence on every shot. "

Djokovic's weak point has been the injuries seem to be charged in the final stretch of the season: "Injuries are never welcome, but came at the right time, it gave me a little more time to rest and recover. Each the days of the past five weeks I was in therapy and kept in a recovery program. I tore and so far not been able to recover and return to my form. I know it take time and still do not expect to be 100% in Basel, but I will try to increase my confidence. " On his current physical state said: "I have practiced in a really intense two weeks on the track. I arrived with the team on Wednesday to Switzerland and I've trained since then. I have not played indoors since December, not including the match against Juan Martin Del Potro this year (in Davis Cup semi-finals), so you need to train indoors.'s getting better every day. For me, the most important thing is to play again. "

Djokovic, 24, faces its third consecutive appearance in Basel. He played the final against Federer in their previous two appearances, winning in 2009 and suffering the vengeance of the Swiss last year. The two could meet again in the final this year. In their last meeting, Djokovic saved two match points and rallied from two sets down to beat Federer in the semifinals of the U.S. Open. "We played incredible matches at Roland Garros and U.S. Open. Both games were decided by a small margin and by a few points," said Djokovic. "He could have easily won the match at the U.S. Open, and I possibly could have stayed with the party of Roland Garros. I have to do your best when faced with Roger and Rafa (Nadal) is what they make you do is the only way to beat them. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive