Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Anabel Medina and the prize of playing in Bali

Anabel Medina will culminate the season at the Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions in Bali, where they will be the eight best players of the year with titles on the payroll who have not played the WTA Championships in Istanbul last week. The torrentinos, No. 28-ranked and champion in Estoril and Palermo, hopes that the enthusiasm and confidence he has in his game to more than physical setbacks drag at this point.

After last year signed a gray season ended in the post 78 of the WTA ranking, Anabel Medina has been known to reinvent, restore confidence in his play and enthusiasm for a sport that continues to fill. The Valencia admits that the change of chip arrived in Bogotá, where curiously fell in the first round at the local Catalina Castano : "I lost in the tie-break of the third set, but I realized I had played a good game and I could do better . From there I knew I could win or lose a game, but he would fight until the last ball had been at stake. " True to his words, Anabel signed Acapulco semifinals in the tournament came next, gradually going over to win the Estoril tournament (winning the final against Kristina Barrois ) and Palermo (winning the final against Polona Hercog ) .

The fastest track in which he played
The award for their good work comes at the end of the season, where he has earned his ticket to the tournament in Bali, where he will share track with Marion Bartoli , Andrea Petkovic , Shuai Peng , Sabine Lisicki , Ana Ivanovic , Roberta Vinci and Daniela Hantuchova . "It's a different tournament because I played only eight players to elimination system. I intended to do a good job and try to exploit the opportunities available to every game. All the forces arrived and just thinking about the holidays and it can foster. To me it is a prize to be here, "says torrentinos, who arrived in Bali on Sunday after dispute with the Club de Tenis Valencia Spain Championship team in Barcelona this weekend. Anabel and played the first edition of this tournament in 2009, making it an authoritative voice to highlight the conditions of a particular track, "It is the fastest in the circuit. The fastest that I have ever played! The ball goes very fast and is very difficult to get beat. " The pupil of Gonzalo Lopez arrives at the appointment with his right knee problems-problems that drag from the U.S. Open, and in his right elbow, but with the intention to "give my best."

After this tournament, Anabel will shelve the season and a few days rest before facing the next season. "It was a very good year for me. I needed to recover these feelings after a year more irregular. I think winning two titles is a sign of good health and confidence to tackle an important year," he says. The Valencian begin his season at Valencia, but Australian land depart before the end of the year, it will be next to Fernando Verdasco duo representing Spain in Hopman Cup to be held in Melbourne from December 31 to January 7 in Melbourne and the Spanish duo will debut the first day of the year to the local Jarmila Gajdosova and Lleyton Hewitt : "It's a very nice tournament play. I was fortunate enough to participate in recent years with Tommy Robredo as a couple and although we lost in the end, the experience was positive. " Then come the Australia Open, defending points and the London Olympic Games, a reference in the calendar next year. "Of course I hope to be there! The Games are a special event, very different from the rest of the circuit. The idea was to cushion points this season to get to court (after Roland Garros) without problems and I think the goal has complied with. I cross my fingers that all goes well and can be there, "he says. What is unclear is whether in addition to the individual level, patterns played doubles and mixed doubles and with whom. "It is too early to decide, there will be time to talk to my colleagues, but of course I put it as an option to me," recalls Anabel, silver in Beijing 2008 with Virginia Ruano and winner of 18 doubles tournaments (including two Roland Garros).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Blog Archive